Configuring Outlook 2000 for Courier IMAP
How to Save Sent Items on an IMAP Server
[Back to Main Configuration Document]
Outlook 2000 does not provide any easy way to store Sent messages
on the IMAP server. However, you can force it to work by following
these instructions (taken from
Outlook will save sent messages in your local Personal Folder
(PST) Sent Items folder. You can use the Rules Wizard to save sent
messages in a folder on the IMAP server. You may want to disable the
options to save sent messages in your Sent Items folder. If you do
this, you will keep sent messages from being saved on the local PST
Create a Rule with the Rules Wizard
- On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard, and then click New.
- Click to select Check Messages After Sending, and then click
- Click to check the Uses The "Form Name" Form check box.
- Click on the underlined "form name" in the Rule Description box.
- Click to select Application Forms, and then click to select
Message. Click Add, click Close, and then click Next.
- Click the "Move a copy to the specified folder" check box.
- Click to select the "specified" folder in the Rule Description
- Click to select or create a folder on your IMAP server. Click
OK, and then click Next.
- Click Next again, and then specify a rule name. Click Finish,
and then click OK.
Disable Save Sent Items in the Sent Items Folder
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Preferences Tab, click E-mail Options.
- Click to clear the "Save copies of messages in Sent Items Folder"
- To close the dialog boxes, click OK twice.